Last Updated: August 1, 2015
Real Sports Content Network, Inc. (“Real Sports”) is pleased to provide to you its sites, software, applications, content, products and services (each individually a “Service” and collectively the “Services”), which may be branded “Real Football”, “Real Football Network” or another brand owned or licensed by Real Sports or its affiliates. These terms govern your use and our provision of the Services on which these terms are posted, as well as Services we make available on third-party sites and platforms if these terms are disclosed to you in connection with your use of the Services. PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES.
ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND US MUST BE RESOLVED BY INDIVIDUAL BINDING ARBITRATION. PLEASE READ THE ARBITRATION PROVISION IN THESE TERMS AS IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS CONTRACT.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE LAWS OF THE STATE IN WHICH YOU RESIDE. IF THERE IS A CONFLICT BETWEEN THOSE RIGHTS AND THESE TERMS, YOUR RIGHTS UNDER APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW WILL PREVAIL.
1. Formation of Contract
This is a contract between you and Real Sports, a Delaware corporation having an office at 510 Grumman Road West, Suite 205, Bethpage, New York 11714, USA, or between you and any different service provider identified for a particular Service. You must read and agree to these terms before using the Services. If you do not agree, you may not use the Services. These terms describe the limited basis on which the Services are available and supersede prior agreements or arrangements.
Supplemental terms and conditions may apply to some Services, such as terms that may accompany certain content or software accessible through the Services. Supplemental terms and conditions will be disclosed to you in connection with such service or activity. Any supplemental terms and conditions are in addition to these terms and, in the event of a conflict, prevail over these terms.
We may amend these terms. Any such amendment will be effective thirty (30) days following either our dispatch of a notice to you or our posting of the amendment on the Services. If you do not agree to any change to these terms, you must discontinue using the Services.
Sweepstakes, contests, and promotions on the Services may also have additional rules and eligibility requirements, such as certain age or geographic area restrictions. You are responsible for complying with these rules and requirements.
2. The Services
The Services are for your personal, noncommercial use and are intended for informational and entertainment purposes only. They do not constitute legal, financial, professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis and cannot be used for such purposes.
The Services are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees and all trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and other intellectual property rights in the Services are owned by us or our licensors or licensees. Except as we specifically agree in writing, no element of the Services may be used or exploited in any way other than as part of the Services offered to you. You may own the physical media on which elements of the Services are delivered to you, but we retain full and complete ownership of the Services. We do not transfer title to any portion of the Services to you.
Content and Software License
If a Service is configured to enable the use of software, content, virtual items or other materials owned or licensed by us, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferable license to access and use such software, content, virtual item or other material for your personal, noncommercial use only.
You may not circumvent or disable any content protection system or digital rights management technology used with any Service; decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce any Service to a human-readable form; remove identification, copyright or other proprietary notices; or access or use any Service in an unlawful or unauthorized manner or in a manner that suggests an association with our products, services or brands. You may not access or use any Service in violation of United States export control and economic sanctions requirements. By acquiring services, content or software through the Services, you represent and warrant that your access to and use of the services, content or software will comply with those requirements.
Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” WE DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS.
WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS AND PROPERTY DAMAGE, EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, NOR SHALL WE BE HELD LIABLE FOR DELAY OR FAILURE IN PERFORMANCE RESULTING FROM CAUSES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. IN NO EVENT SHALL OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED FIVE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS (US $500).
THESE DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER OR PURPORT TO LIMIT LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED UNDER THE LAW IN YOUR USUAL PLACE OF RESIDENCE.
Additional Restrictions on Use of the Services
Without limiting any other provision in these terms, you agree not to do the following, or assist others to do the following:
- Access the Services using any interface other than ours;
- Maintain any link to the Services that we ask you to remove, in our sole discretion;
- Frame the Services or content, make the Services or content available via in-line links except as expressly authorized by these terms, otherwise display the Services or content in connection with an unauthorized logo or mark, or do anything that could falsely suggest a relationship between Real Sports or its affiliates and any third party or potentially deprive us of revenue (including, without limitation, revenue from advertising, branding, or promotional activities);
- Threaten, defame, stalk, abuse, or harass other persons or engage in illegal activities, or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
- Transmit any material that is inappropriate, profane, vulgar, offensive, false, disparaging, defamatory, obscene, illegal, sexually explicit, racist, that promotes violence, racial hatred, or terrorism, or that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be otherwise objectionable;
- Violate any person’s or entity’s legal rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property, privacy, and publicity rights), transmit material that violates or circumvents such rights, or remove or alter intellectual property or other legal notices;
- Transmit files that contain viruses, spyware, adware, or other harmful code;
- Advertise or promote goods or services without our permission (including, without limitation, by sending unsolicited email);
- Remove, modify, disable, block or otherwise impair any advertising in connection with the Services;
- Interfere with others using the Services or otherwise disrupt the Services;
- Disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer any software or other technology included in the content or used to provide the Services;
- Transmit, collect, or access personally identifiable information about other users without the consent of those users and Real Sports;
- Engage in unauthorized spidering, “scraping,” data mining or harvesting of content, or use any other unauthorized automated means to gather data from or about the Services;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation or the origin of materials you transmit;
- Remove, avoid, interfere with, or otherwise circumvent any access control measures for the Services or content, including password-protected areas and geo-filtering mechanisms, or any digital rights management measures used in connection with content;
- Access any portion of the Services that we have not authorized you to access (including password-protected areas), link to password-protected areas, attempt to access or use another user’s account or information, or allow anyone else to use your account or access credentials; or
- Otherwise violate any of these terms.
- If you violate this section, Real Sports may immediately terminate your access to the Services, and take any other actions or seek any remedies permitted by law.
Third-Party Services and Content
When you access the Services through a mobile network, your network or roaming provider’s messaging, data and other rates and fees will apply. Downloading, installing or using certain Services may be prohibited or restricted by your network provider and not all Services may work with your network provider or device.
3.Your Content and Account
User Generated Content
We do not claim ownership to your User Generated Content; however, you grant us a non-exclusive, sublicensable, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights to use, reproduce, transmit, print, publish, publicly display, exhibit, distribute, redistribute, copy, index, comment on, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon, publicly perform, make available and otherwise exploit such User Generated Content, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including in connection with the Services and on third-party sites and platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Google+, YouTube and Twitter), in any number of copies and without limit as to time, manner and frequency of use, without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of permission from or payment to you or any other person or entity.
You represent and warrant that your User Generated Content conforms to these terms and that you own or have the necessary rights and permissions, without the need for payment to any other person or entity, to use and exploit, and to authorize us to use and exploit, your User Generated Content in all manners contemplated by these terms. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our subsidiary and affiliated companies, and each of their respective employees and officers, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees), made against us by any third party arising out of or in connection with our use and exploitation of your User Generated Content. You also agree not to enforce any moral rights, ancillary rights or similar rights in or to the User Generated Content against us or our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, and agree to procure the same agreement not to enforce from others who may possess such rights.
To the extent that we authorize you to create, post, upload, distribute, publicly display or publicly perform User Generated Content that requires the use of our copyrighted works, we grant you a non-exclusive license to create a derivative work using our copyrighted works as required for the purpose of creating the materials, provided that such license shall be conditioned upon your assignment to us of all rights in the work you create. If such rights are not assigned to us, your license to create derivative works using our copyrighted works shall be null and void.
We have the right but not the obligation to monitor, screen, post, remove, modify, store and review User Generated Content or communications sent through a Service, at any time and for any reason, including to ensure that the User Generated Content or communication conforms to these terms, without prior notice to you. We are not responsible for, and do not endorse or guarantee, the opinions, views, advice or recommendations posted or sent by users.
Some Services permit or require you to create an account to participate or to secure additional benefits. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information, including your contact information for notices and other communications from us and your payment information. You agree not to impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name or likeness, or provide false details for a parent or guardian. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you provide, including contact information for a parent or guardian.
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of the accounts of users who are repeat infringers of copyright. In addition, we may suspend or terminate your account and your ability to use the Services if you engage in, encourage or advocate for illegal conduct, or if you fail to comply with these terms or any supplemental terms.
Access to Services and Accounts
Real Sports may take any of the following actions in our sole discretion at any time, and without giving you prior notice:
- Change or discontinue the Services;
- Change how we offer and operate Services (e.g., to begin charging a fee to access features or content that we previously made available without charge);
- Remove content from the Services;
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to one or more Services or features thereof; and
- Deactivate your accounts and delete all related information and files in your accounts.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for taking any of these actions and we will not be limited to the remedies above if you violate these terms. If Real Sports terminates your access to any of the Services, you must immediately stop using such Service. However, if you have paid for a subscription to a paid Service, and we discontinue the Service before the end of a paid subscription period, or we terminate your account before the end of a paid subscription period for reasons other than your breach of these terms, we will refund a prorated portion of the applicable subscription fee corresponding to the portion of the paid subscription period for which our action caused you not to have access to the relevant Service. If Real Sports terminates your access to a paid Service because you breached these terms, you will not be entitled to any refund.
Passwords and Security
You are responsible for taking reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality of your username and password, and you are responsible for all activities under your account that you can reasonably control. You agree to promptly notify us of any unauthorized use of your username, password or other account information, or of any other breach of security that you become aware of involving your account or the Services.
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification.
4. Paid Transactions
Some Services require paid subscriptions to access. By signing up for a subscription, you agree that your subscription will be automatically renewed and, unless you cancel your subscription, you authorize us to charge your payment method for the renewal term. The period of auto-renewal will be the same as your initial subscription period unless otherwise disclosed to you at the time of sale. The renewal rate will be no more than the rate for the immediately prior subscription period, excluding any promotional and discount pricing, unless we notify you of a rate change prior to your auto-renewal. From time to time, we may offer a free trial subscription for a Service. If you register for a free trial subscription, we will begin to bill your account when the free trial subscription expires, unless you cancel your subscription before that time.
The Order Process
You will have the opportunity to review and confirm your order, payment method and Service details. We will send to you a notice when we accept your order and our acceptance will be deemed complete and for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time we send the notice. At such time, the contract for sale will be made and become binding on both you and us.
Payments and Billing
When you provide payment information, you represent and warrant that the information is accurate, that you are authorized to use the payment method provided, and that you will notify us of changes to the payment information. We reserve the right to utilize third party credit card updating services to obtain current expiration dates on credit cards.
Right of Cancellation; Return of Goods
When you subscribe to a Service, you have the right to cancel your contract within fourteen (14) days after your receipt and acceptance of these terms and you will receive a full refund of the subscription fee paid. For semi-annual and annual subscriptions, if notice of cancellation is received within the first thirty (30) days following the first day of initial billing, you will receive a refund of the subscription fee paid. If we refund your subscription fee, you will still be obligated to pay other charges incurred.
When you purchase a license to access digital content or virtual items, you will be given an opportunity to consent to delivery at the time of purchase. By consenting to delivery, you acknowledge that you have lost the right to cancel and the license purchase fee is non-refundable.
We may revise the pricing for products and services we offer. If you pay a periodic subscription fee for a Service, we will provide you with reasonable notice of changes to the fees or billing methods in advance of their effective date and you will be able to cancel your subscription prior to such change. When you place your order, we estimate the tax and include that estimate in the total for your convenience. The actual tax amount that will be applied to your order and charged to your payment method is based on calculations on the date of shipment, regardless of when the order was placed.
5. Additional Provisions
Submissions and Unsolicited Ideas Policies
In connection with anything you submit to us – whether or not solicited by us – you agree that creative ideas, suggestions or other materials you submit are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way, and that you have no expectation of review, compensation or consideration of any type.
Claims of Copyright Infringement
Notifications of claimed copyright infringement and counter notices must be sent to our designated agent:
We are only able to accept notices in the languages into which these terms are made available by us.
We will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Services that are reported to our Designated Copyright Agent, identified above, in accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”) or, as applicable, other laws. With respect to Services hosted in the United States, these notices must include the required information set forth in the DMCA and described in detail below.
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent.
Notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent: Service Provider:
Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement:
Alexander M. Gayer
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent:
225 Old Country Road
Melville, New York 11747
Telephone Number of Designated Agent:
Facsimile Number of Designated Agent:
E-Mail Address of Designated Agent:
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain material by means of a general notice on any Service, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to your physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good-faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Real Sports may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.
Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
You and Real Sports agree to arbitrate all disputes between you and Real Sports or its affiliates, except disputes relating to the enforcement of Real Sports’ or its affiliates’ intellectual property rights. “Dispute” includes any dispute, action or other controversy between you and us concerning the Services or these terms, whether in contract, tort, warranty, statute or regulation, or other legal or equitable basis. You and Real Sports empower the arbitrator with the exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability or enforceability of these terms or formation of this contract, including the arbitrability of any dispute and any claim that all or any part of these terms are void or voidable.
In the event of a dispute, you or Real Sports must send to the other party a notice of dispute, which is a written statement that sets forth the name, address and contact information of the party giving the notice, the facts giving rise to the dispute and the relief requested. You must send any notice of dispute to firstname.lastname@example.org Attention: Legal/Arbitration Notice. We will send any notice of dispute to you at the contact information we have for you. You and Real Sports will attempt to resolve a dispute through informal negotiation within thirty (30) days from the date the notice of dispute is sent. After thirty (30) days, you or we may commence arbitration. You may also litigate a dispute in small claims court if the dispute meets the requirements to be heard in small claims court, whether or not you negotiated informally first.
If you and Real Sports do not resolve a dispute by informal negotiation or in small claims court, the dispute shall be settled by binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act. YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE A DISPUTE IN COURT BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY. Arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and its Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. For more information, visit www.adr.org or, in the United States, call 800-778-7879. Arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator may award damages to you individually as a court could, including declaratory or injunctive relief, but only to the extent required to satisfy your individual claim.
Arbitration shall be initiated in the County of Nassau in the State of New York, United States of America, and you and Real Sports agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located there, in order to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
PROCEEDINGS TO RESOLVE OR LITIGATE A DISPUTE IN ANY FORUM WILL BE CONDUCTED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. Neither you nor Real Sports will seek to have a dispute heard as a class action, private attorney general action, or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity. No arbitration or proceeding can be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to the arbitration or proceeding. If the class action waiver is found to be illegal or unenforceable as to all or some parts of a dispute, those parts will be severed and proceed in a court of law, with the remaining parts proceeding in arbitration.
Choice of Forum
You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services that is not subject to arbitration shall be filed, and that venue properly lies, only in the state or federal courts located in the County of Nassau in the State of New York, United States of America and you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating such action.
Choice of Law
These terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York and the laws of the United States, without giving effect to any conflict of law principles.
You and Real Sports are not legally affiliated in any way by virtue of your usage of the Services and no independent contractor, agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended to be or created by this Agreement.
If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
The provisions of these terms which by their nature should survive the termination of these terms shall survive such termination.
No waiver of any provision of these terms by us shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such provision or any other provision, and our failure to assert any right or provision under these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.