Last Modified Date: August 27, 2015
Welcome to the services (“Real Sports Services” or “Services”) provided by Real Sports Content Network, Inc., its affiliates and its subsidiaries (collectively “Real Sports,” “us,” or “we”). Real Sports is committed to protecting your privacy.
2. Information Collected
Information you provide directly to Real Sports Services. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit Real Sports Services. Real Sports may ask you for different types of information when you register for certain services, access various content or features, or directly contact the Services including:
• Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, phone number, facsimile number, and mobile number;
• User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
• Age and date of birth;
• Public information, including profile information, you provide to the Real Sports Services for publication;
• In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver’s license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service; and
• Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features.
Information we collect automatically on Real Sports Services. Real Sports Services may collect certain information automatically, including:
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
• Websites you visited before and after visiting a Real Sports Services;
• Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within Real Sports Services;
• Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies;
• Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to and content viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
• Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer including registry key information; and
• Standard server log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (e.g., mobile devices, third party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and websites, and from commercially available sources (e.g., data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
• Name, postal address, and telephone number;
• Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
• If you access third party services (e.g., Facebook, Google+, Instagram or Twitter) through a Real Sports Service, or if you access a Real Sports Service via a third party service, your username and password for those services and other information available about or collected from you on those services;
• Your interests and purchase behavior;
• Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
• Other navigation data, such as web sites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services across the Real Sports Services.
3. Use of Information
We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service or as otherwise required by law.
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
• Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
• Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of Real Sports Services and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
• Analyze the use of Real Sports Services and information about visitors to our Services to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce or disclose anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
• Customize the content you see when you visit Real Sports Services;
• Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
4. Disclosure of Information
Real Sports is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share information collected about you.
• With your consent. With your consent, we may share your contact information with third party marketing partners.
• Authorized third party service providers. We share your contact information with third party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
• Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Real Sports Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
• Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
5. Your Choices
You can choose to enjoy content and features on Real Sports Services without providing us directly with any information about you; however, as described above, some information may be collected automatically or be requested so that you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on Real Sports Services.
You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from a particular Real Sports Services or other service by following the instructions contained in any such message or by contacting us directly. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Real Sports Web Sites, such as service announcements.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may have the opportunity to update that information on a Real Sports Service. You also may update or amend your information by contacting us. If you ask us to shut down your account or delete your information, we will disable your account within a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy our legal and security obligations. For example, some of your information may remain in back-up storage even if you ask us to delete it. In some cases, you may be entitled under local laws to access or object to the processing of information that we hold relating to you.
7. Protection of Information
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Real Sports Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.
8. California Visitors
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
225 Old Country Road
Melville, New York 11747
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), Real Sports does not share personal information with other companies for those parties’ direct marketing use unless you authorize us to do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
9. Privacy Protections for Children
Most Real Sports Services are intended for a general audience and do not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. Some Real Sports Services may ask for your full date of birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken when information has been collected from children under 18. In those instances where a Real Sports Service has actual knowledge that it collects information from children or offers a service directed toward children as defined under applicable laws, it will comply with those laws.
Our guidelines follow the rules set by the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and other applicable laws. When we use the term “child” or “children” below we mean an individual under 13 years of age or an individual under 18 years of age where the collection, use or disclosure of personal information about such an individual is restricted by applicable law. When we use the term “parent” below, we mean to include legal guardians.
Information We Collect
Children can enjoy content and features on Real Sports Services without directly providing contact information. However, children who wish to participate activities may need to provide information such as first name, user name, password, email address, date of birth, city and state of residence, and gender.
In the course of participating in interactive features such as chat rooms and message boards, a child may provide us with additional information about himself or herself, such as the contents of his or her postings. Some information, including information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies, may be collected automatically.
If we knowingly collect, use, or disclose contact information collected from a child, we will provide notice and obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law.
We do not condition a child’s participation in an online activity on the child’s providing more contact information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect consistent with the services requested by the child. For example, we may use information provided by the child to:
• Send a newsletter and other communication requested by the child;
• Enable a child’s participation in certain interactive features; and
• Respond to correspondence sent by the child.
We may also use a parent’s contact information to communicate with the parent regarding the child’s activities on Real Sports Services.
Disclosure of Information
Information collected from children will be disclosed in the same ways described in the disclosure of information section above. Third parties who receive contact information collected by Real Sports Services have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of that information. Parents have the option not to consent to the disclosure of their child’s contact information to third parties. Parents may also consent to Real Sports Services collection and use of their child’s contact information while refusing to permit the disclosure of that information to third parties.
Parents’ Choices and Access to Children’s Information
Parents may review the contact information we have collected from their child, refuse to permit us to collect further contact information from their child, and request that any contact information we have collected be deleted from our records.
To review, update, or delete your child’s contact information, please contact us. You may also send your request to the postal address listed below. To protect your child’s safety, we ask for proof of your identification. We may deny access if we believe there is a question about your identity.
Please note that certain information cannot be deleted because of other legal obligations, such as FCC requirements.
If you need further assistance, please contact us. If you would prefer to submit your questions or comments by mail, please send a letter to the following address:
225 Old Country Road
Melville, New York 11747
10. User-Generated Content
11. Third Party Websites and Services
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concern.